THIS COURSE IS FULL! WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING REGISTRATION FOR THIS CLASS.
Course Description: Will be in Fernandina Beach and will consist of a 2-hour lecture and demonstration
- Bringing home the herbs – bottles, jars, & plants
- NE Florida peculiarities in growing herbs
- Now that I have them, what do I do with them and when do I do it? (Includes samples)
- Simple herbs
- Herbal blends
- Vinegars and Oils
- The nutritional value of herbs
It is expected that all participants be vaccinated and that masks and social distancing be observed.
Instructor: Marge Powell has been an herbalist for over 30 years and an avid plant person her entire life. Her herbal interests span both the culinary, the medicinal and body care as well as growing herbs. Marge is a passionate cook and most of her cooking is herb enhanced. She teaches classes in cooking with herbs, making your own medicines, creating lotions and ointments, making soap, and blending scents. She has conducted hands-on workshops on these and a variety of other herbal topics across the United States including Lifelong learning workshops in NE Florida. She is currently a board member of the International Herb Association (IHA) and the International Herb Association Foundation and is past president of IHA’s former Southeastern Region. She has had numerous herbal articles published in IHA’s annual Herb of the Year publications.
- Wednesday, March 9, 1:00-3:00 m.
- Fernandina Beach Library community room, 24 North 4th Street, Fernandina
- Fee: $15
Materials: None needed.